Inspirational quotes inspire rage

Wednesday, October 17, 2012


Yup. I abhor (because hate isn't a strong enough word) motivational and inspirational "stuff". Everyone thinks they can stick a stupid quote on a piece of rock, a poster, or a fugly bracelet and then charge money for it.

As far as I'm concerned that's one of the biggest crimes committed on Etsy. Look at this garbage:

This is what happens when you type in "inspirational" in the etsy.com search bar

If you don't have the skill and imagination necessary to be a good jewellery maker, then putting inspirational quotes on pieces of silver should not be the go-to.

Whenever I see this stuff sold in stores or online, I always feel sad for whoever is going to be receiving this sh*t as a gift. Pardon my French.


Speaking of French, there are exceptions.

Sarah & Bendrix

Why is this an exception? Because it is simple, the typeface isn't lame or "handwritten", it's not telling me what to do with my life, and because I can see it adding a cool and interesting element to wall decor. Also, the seller has a blog called A Few Things From My Life, and it is good.

Another exception to the rule, is this gem (though I guess it doesn't count as an "inspirational quote"). I loves it.

ObviousState

This is also associated with an awesome blog - Little Brown Pen.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Wild and Woolly All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger